2020 WWSC Qualifying Criteria
Centurion & Supreme Boats, in conjunction with the Competitive Wake Surf Association, is proud to announce the criteria* to qualify for an invitation to compete in the 2020 World Wake Surfing Championship:
Event Dates September 30 to October 3, 2020.
- This event is Invitation only.
- Athlete check in and registration: September 30 – 7:00 to 8:00 a.m.
- Mandatory Rider’s Meeting: September 30 – 8:00 a.m.
- Opening Ceremony: September 30, 2020 – 8:30 a.m. Event Attendance & Competition Requirement To qualify for an invitation to the most prestigious Wake Surfing event in the world an athlete must attend and compete in the following minimum number of World Series of Wake Surfing events (Gold or Platinum Event Level):
- Pro Skill Level Three (3) 2020 World Series of Wake Surfing events (Gold or Platinum Level)
- All Other Skill Levels Two (2) 2020 World Series of Wake Surfing events (Gold or Platinum Level)
- There is no WRS Qualified event (Bronze or Silver Event Level) competition or attendance requirement, however, all WRS Qualified event points are included in the WRS Rankings.
- The Event Attendance and Competition Requirement may be met in any Skill Level during the 2020 season.
- If an athlete meets the Event Attendance and Competition Requirement for one Division in their Skill Level, the requirement will be met for the other Division in that Skill Level.
Invitation Criteria In addition to meeting the event attendance requirement, an athlete must be top WRS Ranked, that is, the top 6, 8 or 10 in any below listed Division, as of the Qualification Cutoff Date.
Qualification Cutoff Date: Monday September 14, 2020.
*There is no WRS Qualified Event requirements, however all WRS Qualified Event points are included in the WRS rankings.
|Skill Level / Gender||Top Ranked Skim||Top Ranked Surf||Top Ranked Juniors||Top Ranked Adaptive|
If invitation is declined for any reason, including a failure to timely register and pay the registration fee:
- Fineline may, but is not required to, offer that invitation to the next ranked and other wise qualified competitor in the Division in which the invitation was declined; or
- Fineline may, but is not required to, allocate any declined invitation to any other Division ,and invite the next ranked and otherwise qualified competitor in that Division.
Due to the COVID-19 global pandemic and the dynamic uncertainty of travel, event and public gathering restrictions, the Invitation Criteria, and the Event Attendance & Competition Requirement criteria may be subject to change.
March 13, 2020 v.1