INTERESTED IN COMPETITING?
This is the first ever online wake surfing competition presented by the CWSA and will be available to both current athletes and associate members only! Limited spots available to our athlete membership so act fast!
Associate Members (Rookie Division)
Athlete Membership (All Other Divisions)
If you have never competed in a CWSA event then you are eligible for this division. When you create an account, just upgrade it to the $20 Annual Associate Membership and you will be able to register for this event for free!
Why Compete In This Event?
Sign Up or Renew Your Account
Already have an account with the CWSA? Make sure your membership is current. Don't already have one? Sign up and upgrade your account to an associate membership to be eligible to register!
Register for the Event
On the next page you will be able to submit your registration for your division. Spots are limited for athlete members but unlimited for our associate memberships.
Submit Your Video Entry
Upon registration, you will have access to your dropbox link in your account that can be viewed under the 'My Event Registrations' Tab in your profile. Submit your video through this link.
Share Your Video
All videos will be published on our website on June 10 and will be available on both our YouTube and IGTV accounts. All entries will be given a specific URL, and will be judged based on views. Participants are encouraged to share their url or tag friends in order to receive more views on their entry. Athlete competitors will also be judged by CWSA approved judges and will receive bronze level points for their entry in their division. Event results will be published on June 24th.
Rules for Every Video Submission
- Must be original content, not previously posted anywhere else. Must be taken within 45 days of the entry deadline (June 7th, 2019 @ 23:00 EDT).
- Run will be judged starting with the first maneuver after dropping the rope and will end after 45 seconds, or upon gaining control of the last maneuver started within the 45 second time frame and within a reasonable amount of time (5 seconds).
- Transfers are permitted.
1080p, landscape orientation. Raw video, no edits, video speed must be 1:1. No logos, watermarks, or advertising of any kind. Athlete's face must be visible.
Additional Video Requirements
The following must accompany your video.
- Placard with athlete's name, division, and date of video visible at the beginning of the video.
- Must be legible, written in English, and use the following date format: MM/DD/YYYY.
- Athlete's full board and face must be visible.
The following rules must be followed by every participant:
- Personal Flotation Device (competition vest of life jacket) must be visible to the judging team.
- No drop ins, tow ins, or deck starts.
- Video must show rope drop behind the boat.
- No profanity, profane or sexual gestures, no nudity, and no alcoholic beverages in the video.
Event LevelThis is a Bronze Level WRS Event.
EquipmentEquipment (board) must comply with CWSA Competition Guidelines for the division for which the video is submitted.
Course LayoutPart 5.1 – Course Layout, Part 5.3 Falls: Single 45 second pass, without a buoy, fall ends the run if it occurs prior to the 45 second mark.
Competition Rules• All provisions of the CWSA rules apply, with the following modifications for this event only:o Part 5.4 transfers shall be permittedo Part 9.1.2 shall not applyo Part 9.1.3 b., c. and g. shall not applyo Part 9.2 shall not applyo Part 9.3 shall not applyo Part 10.6 Run will be judged starting with the first maneuver after dropping the ropeo Part 11 shall not apply